Are you a tech enthusiast with a knack for leading teams? Join this London based Insurance organisation who are ambitious and ever-evolving. They are on the lookout for an Engineering Manager to join their Modern Workplace & Virtualisation team.
About them: 🚀 They are a dynamic insurance company with a focus on sustainable, resilient, and inclusive infrastructure solutions. They thrive on understanding the needs of their colleagues to create tailored tools and services, boosting their competitive edge.
Location: 📍 York, London, or Colchester - They offer flexible/remote options. 🌍
Role: As Engineering Manager, you'll play a pivotal role in ensuring the infrastructure and engineering services are top-notch. Your responsibilities will include:
- 🌐 Overseeing server and storage infrastructure, virtual desktops, and application delivery.
- 🤝 Line management of the Modern Workplace & Virtualisation engineers.
- 🧠 Being the Chapter Lead, sharing knowledge and best practices.
- 🛠 Creating and maintaining technology roadmaps aligned with our wider IT strategy.
- 🤖 Collaborating with Group Procurement and Vendor Management teams.
- 📈 Developing metrics for decision-making and ensuring services are supportable.
- 🎓 Assisting with the recruitment of infrastructure specialists and promoting team growth.
- 💻 Technical expertise in Enterprise datacentre, VMware, Citrix, Microsoft technologies, and more.
- 🗣 A skilled communicator with 5+ years of line management experience.
- 🌐 Influencer comfortable working with diverse teams.
- 🚀 Driven, energetic, and a self-starter who thrives in a 'can-do' environment.
If this role is of interest, please click apply and I will be in touch.Engineering Manager Opportunity in Insurance!